This call is about releasing pain and leaning into spirituality. The caller, Mel, is asking the existential questions about the purpose of life and why we are here. Many people ask themselves these same questions and it is important for us all to discover our own spiritual path and beliefs. If we believe that our soul traverses multiple lifetimes, part of the reason we come back is to evolve out of pain.
[For show notes go here: Christinehassler.com/episode164]
A lot of spiritual experiences actually provide the answers to those existential questions and they happen after a big emotional release of some kind.
We spend so much energy suppressing our pain when actually feeling it, healing it, and releasing it is the doorway into the spiritual experiences that answer the question of why the pain is there in the first place. Pain takes a lot of energy to suppress and reinforces the illusion that we are meant to suffer.
If you are suppressing your pain, it’s like being in a dark room with all the curtains closed. There are sunshine and light out in the world but you are not aware of it because you are in the darkness of your own shame and pain. How we start to let the light in and open the curtains is to start processing our pain.
Sometimes we get way too complicated about ‘what's our purpose?’ and ‘why are we here?’ What if it is just as simple as to enjoy being in a human body and to evolve our consciousness?
Leaps of faith often involve a little bit of a freefall. The only way to experience the sweetness of surrender is to fully let go.
Reminders: The Spring Retreat for women is filling up. If you would like more information email Jill@ChristineHassler.com. My Personal Mastery Course is online and to help you co-create your life, the Over It and On With It Journal is available now and comes with 12 manifesting meditations.
● Are you questioning the purpose of life?
● Do you know why you are here? Do you know who you are?
● Are you frustrated with the way the world is and works?
● Did you grow up with a critical parent?
● Do you feel like you are suppressing pain?
Living with the existential uncertainties has caused her pain. She wants to know how to live with the dread that has ruled her life.
Mel’s Key Insights and Ahas:
● Her mother is critical of her.
● She doesn’t know what to believe in.
● She is missing ‘connection’ in her life.
● She looks through the lens of criticism for everything.
● She gets angry about a lack of guidance.
● She feels alone.
● She is a sensitive and intuitive person.
● She can feel herself softening.
● She feels genuinely hopeful.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
● She needs to reignite her magical connection to the universe.
● She needs to be the fullest expression of herself.
● She needs to allow herself to feel compassion.
● She would benefit from attending the Spring Retreat.
● She needs to get out of her head and into her body.
● She needs to move into self-acceptance.
● She needs to do emotional release work.
● It is time for her to find her tribe.
Takeaways For You:
● Where do you have the curtains shut in your life?
● Reflect on what your purpose truly is. Consider that your purpose could be born out of your passion.
● Get your pain and emotions out. Use the emotional section of Expectation Hangover, come to the Spring Retreat, do the Personal Mastery Course. Do something to get the emotions out.
● Let it go and hand it over.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community.
To watch episodes of coaching sessions, go to Youtube.com/christinehassler
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — If you want to be a guest on this show.