Welcome to my first official episode. I went through 25 different coaching sessions in preparation for this show and trying to decide which one would be first was difficult because all my callers were amazing. I ended up choosing Anneke’s call because we get into the question “Who am I?” and because of the level of vulnerability in this session. We often feel embarrassed and apologize for our emotions, but I think of vulnerability as strength. Remember, we get to choose who we are and not being who we are can be suffocating. We are not defined by other people’s views of us. We are all born with natural gifts from the divine. It’s up to us to embrace them and use them. Consider/Ask Yourself:
Who am I?
Do you feel like you are really living authentically?
Are you fully expressing who you are or are you being a version of yourself?
Do you struggle with loneliness?
Are you in touch with your emotions?
Are you concerned about what other people think of you? Anneke’s Question: Anneke is about to make a big career change and would like to know how to be open and honest about who she really is and to shift from her pattern of keeping herself small and not seen. Anneke’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
● Acknowledging she sugarcoats her difficult emotions.
● She doesn’t want to be a burden on others.
● Loneliness is has been her friend because it’s when she gives herself a break.
● It’s ok for other people not to like it when she is her authentic self.
● Recognizing she is staying in her comfort zone because those emotions are familiar. How to get over it and on with it:
● Try taking actions to trust yourself and be consistently authentic.
● Don’t compare yourself to other people, embrace your own essence.
● Be willing to remember the essence of who you truly are.
● Invite spirit into your space.
● Practice self-forgiveness.
● Don’t be defined by what other people have told you about you. Tools and Takeaways:
● Write out who you are, what is your unique essence? Then, for 30 days get in front of a mirror and make “I am” statements with your answers.
● Pick 2-3 people to practice intimacy and authenticity with.
● Write this sentence “Sometimes I pretend I am (fill in the blank) but I am not”.